[VHFcontesting] FM08 Sept VHF/UHF

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FM08 Sept VHF/UHF
From: John Young via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2016 14:46:08 -0400
I will be working FM08JM (Flagpole Knob) in the September contest.
100W 10 element beam 2M
25W 10 element beam 1.25M
35W 18 element beam 70cm

I am competing in the FM ONLY category.  However on Sunday morning from 0800 to
1200 I will have my beams all set at 45 degrees to work stations that are
normally running SSB and HH pol. taking a 3dB hit for the 45 degrees.  I will
be on 146.520 or 146.535 if 146.520 is busy with non contest traffic. QSY from
there to other bands.

You will need to switch over to FM to make a QSO and be at 100W or less (ARRL
rules) for the QSO to count in my score.  My maximum demonstrated range is 165
miles, even did 150 miles to a SOTA Baofeng HT in Southern PA from Flagpole
back in June.

Line of sight rules in this category so if you are in valley we probably wont
make contact unless you are very very close (under 50 miles).
If you are in one of the grid squares below tell me where and I will do a LOS
plot to see if its worth your time to try.

Grid Squares I can reach are:
FM07, FM08, FM09, FM18
Northern FM06
Eastern EM98
Southern FN00
Western half of FM19
NW half of FM17
SE half of EM99
NE half of EM97
Extreme SW corner of EN90
Extreme NE corner of EM96

I will be available FM VV pol at all other times during the contest.
Background on my set up is on my QRZ page.

Good luck to all

73
John Young
KM4KMU