[VHFcontesting] Suggestion on current or replacement VNA

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Suggestion on current or replacement VNA
From: Patrick Thomas <p-thomas@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 19:51:07 -0400 (EDT)
All,

I hope this is moderately on-topic... my miniVNA Tiny had a cold solder on the
jack which led to partial detachment.  Long story short, I opened it up and
between myself and a solder tech at our ESD solder station, got it soldered
back down.  No more connection issues.

But... it only ever returns one sweep shape when I run a test, no matter what
is connected to DUT or DET. :(  Not sure if it got zapped in transit somehow,
or what.

If anyone has ideas, I would really appreciate a contact off-list.  So far
miniRS has not returned my request for help but I will try the miniVNA list too.

Meanwhile - and more on-topic - I am at a total standstill for UHF and
microwave antenna construction which is SUPER irritating given the recent
antenna suggestions here.  Does anyone have a replacement in mind that won't
break the bank?  Portable is great but even retired lab equipment would be fine.

Thanks!

Patrick - KB8DGC