[VHFcontesting] Jamaica DXpedition Update

To: fourlanders@contesting.com, vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu, vhfcontesting@contesting.com, wsvhf@qth.net
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Jamaica DXpedition Update
From: Jim Worsham <w4kxy@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2016 12:38:52 -0500
Bad news everyone.  The 2 Meter station is dead.  We had a short power failure
this morning and the Flex SDR didn't come back up when the power was restored.
We have had this happen before and have been able to get it running again by
reloading software, rebooting the laptop, etc.  Not this time.  It's dead Jim.
They are taking the station apart as I write this.  Next time we will use a
conventional radio and leave the SDR stuff at home.  Not ready for prime time
DXpedition work IMHO.  To everyone that was planning to work us later today or
tomorrow morning on 2M all I can say is stuff happens and we did our best.

The good news is we got a great opening to NA this morning on 6M and we worked
a lot of folks.  We are still on 6 and will continue on that band until
tomorrow afternoon.  50.1066 CW and USB.  The call is 6Y6M.  Give us a shout if
you can hear us.

73
Jim, 6Y4KX aka W4KXY

Sent from my iPad