[VHFcontesting] K8GP/R Plans for ARRL June VHF 2016

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K8GP/R Plans for ARRL June VHF 2016
From: Grid Pirates <Grid.Pirates@k8gp.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2016 17:46:26 +0000
Terry W8ZN and I (K1RA) will activate K8GP/R in the June contest, where I
will be running bands 50 - 432 MHz and Terry 902 MHz - 10 GHz. We'll be
staying mainly in WPA and western VA hitting 6 grids as follows:

FM19aw - 1800-2030z
FN10db - 2100-2330z
FN00rg - 0100-0400z

Sleep - 0500-1100z

FN00rg - 1100-1500z
FM09te - 1700-1930z
FM18ax - 2030-2200z
FM08us - 2300-0300z

The best way to track us will be via APRS using link

http://aprs.fi/?call=K8GP&timerange=10800&tail=10800

The best way to sked or contact us during the contest will be via text SMS
message @ my Google Voice # 540-300-5172(K1RA).  I found that in Jan VHF SS
phone and voice mail just were NOT usable or practical while operating.  If
you text us please put your call sign in the message.  Feel free to text
before the test so I can alias your # with call sign.

I suggest using Google Voice from your PC desktop for free texting - get
your own free number and use SMS right from a web browser.  You don't have
to use the voice / phone features, but its all in one and free.  Check out:

https://support.google.com/voice/answer/115061?hl=en

We may have other internet chat or email running, so if u see us there,
feel free to message as appropriate.

I will try to use our usual coordination freq of 144.247 MHz.

Finally here are some work in progress pix and videos of the rover van with
the new, microwave, pneumatic mast that has replaced the failing crank up
tower we used in Jan. There are also some inside pix as we redo the 19"
rack.  Hope to have everything in place by contest weekend.

https://goo.gl/photos/NMMWDDDnFLDgT79F8

https://goo.gl/photos/Zo3QpDDCoShyCLHV6

73 & GL in the contest!

andyz - K1RA - (K8GP/R - 50-432 MHz op)