Re: [VHFcontesting] HTX10 mod for transverter

To: "'VHF Contesting Reflector'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] HTX10 mod for transverter
From: "Lloyd - N9LB" <lloydberg@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 22:34:57 -0500
Hello Dan!

Since your previous transverter has separate RX and TX, why don't you just
modify the new transverter for split RX and TX IF?  That system is probably
easier to interface and you don't run the risk of blasting the RX path with
TX power.  The transverter probably just has a relay that switches the
shared IF connection back and forth between the RX and TX paths.  Put
connectors directly on the RX IF and TX IF points beyond that IF  relay (
making sure to get the TX level correct of course ).

73

Lloyd - N9LB