[VHFcontesting] Revisited UHF test

To: VHF <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Revisited UHF test
From: Herb Krumich via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 18:06:30 +0000 (UTC)
I just looked at the January 2016 QST. The 2015 UHF contest results were posted
in this issue.
I looked at page 88 figure 3.  There was a tremendous drop off from year 1999
to 2000 for activity.
This brings me to a question
What year did QST stop listing everyone's call sign and their production?
It had to be right around that year. Perhaps a bit later.
The other thing I have harped on for many years, was the limited multi op
category.
What a major mistake that was. Basically telling stations to shut their
equipment down.
Perhaps far to many people wanted a certificate that was worth absolutely
nothing.
 And the pressure was to great for the ARRL to ignore.
Another major drop off in activity was from 2009 to 2011.
Just pondering in the Pocono's of Pa
Herb K2LNS