[VHFcontesting] Searching for 222 stations....

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Searching for 222 stations....
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 12:45:47 -0600
Hello to all 222 ops....First, you are REQUIRED to have a Great New Year.

After that, I am trying to collect a list of 222 EME stations AND a list of 222 stations that have large enough stations to do EME on rising or setting moon.

I have a list of current 222 EME stations, but the list is short and I feel certain that it is not anywhere near complete. SO, if you have something on 222 EME, I would like to get you on the list. This will help with setting up schedules to work new states and to work stations in the contests.

I would really like to get a list of those with medium to large tropo stations. Those ops can be worked on EME by utilizing your rising or setting moon times. Recently, I worked a guy in NH who had a single 17el beam and 400W. This shows that rising or setting moon type contacts can be made by a lot of stations...just about any decent contest station has enough power+antenna for this type of EME contacts. Like Dorothy, you just have to believe that you can do it AND you have to try.

The current 222 EME station is 8 x 222XP40s with full AZ/EL and about 1200W from a Lunar-Link LA-12. Soon, I believe that I will have a Communication Technologies amp that will be a full power amp. I want to increase the number of stations that I work in the contests AND I want to work on my 222 WAS. I have 25 states now, so I am half way done....HI.

If you have something on 222, I would love to hear from you. Just send me an email and maybe we

can sched you in the future.

ASIDE: I am not picky about how I work new states on 222. The Quadrantids meteor shower is coming up in January and I would love to work some new states via MS. Some predictions have the peak of the Quads to be 0800Z on January 4th....that is 2AM CST...so I guess we will have to stay up late. Well, just about anything for a new state!!! If you are available for an MS sched, just write me and we can set something up. Thanks.

73 Marshall K5QE
Phone is 409-787-3830 if you want to talk...