[VHFcontesting] Assistance in the VHF contest

To: w5prchuck@gmail.com, VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Assistance in the VHF contest
From: James Duffey <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 17:34:19 -0600
Chuck - Thanks for the reply. It is always nice to have some feedback to posts.

The rule for assistance in the VHF contests specifically state that location is
one of the items that can be in a self spot. A grid is the easiest way to do
this. It is acceptable under the rules. So I am going to do it to be
competitive.

I agree with you that having the grid in the spot makes the QSO easier,
probably will be abused, and I told the Ad Hoc committee as much in my input to
them.  I hope you did the same. They chose not to use that input in their rule
making. So, even if I don’t agree with the rules, I will use them to be
competitive. there is nothing wrong in using the rules to be competitive.

Whether or not you use assistance, please look for me, W7QQ/r, and AC5TS/r from
NM in the contest. Work us in as many grids as you can. If you want to use the
spots to point the beam in our direction, so much the better. And, as always,
listen for the weak ones. - KK6MC/r

--
KK6MC
James Duffey