Re: [VHFcontesting] Classes in VHF Contesting.....

To: RT Clay <rt_clay@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Classes in VHF Contesting.....
From: Billy Cox <aa4nu@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 16:25:13 +0000 (UTC)
Like Tor, I am one of "those HF contesters" (who BTW seem to be
frequently blamed for much on here, that's really not encouraging)
slowly building a station to explore VHF/UHF from here in Tenn.

While I agree the two settings are different, and therefore need
different 'rules of engagement', some of these changes seem to be
as Tor noted, outside the element of op skill and also 'surprise'?

As a bit of background I mainly operate single op as unassisted on HF
and understand the issue of lower rates and such on VHF/UHF is real.

Just an observation from another "rookie to be" still very new to this.

73 de Billy, AA4NU ... EM65SS