Re: [VHFcontesting] Assisted categories

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Assisted categories
From: Keith Morehouse <w9rm@calmesapartners.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 19:41:46 +0000
No, I don't agree with you Ward. Many people requested a change in the
spotting rules, specifically to mirror the CQVHF rules. Using
packetcluster, or whatever you want to call the current spotting network,
was not the goal of anyone I talked with, including my Director.

In my opinion, creating a Assisted class was all done at HQ. It is also my
opinion (mine, and mine alone), that this was pushed by a cadre of
traditionalists (some would refer to them as "HF ops") who are standing in
the way of getting realistic rules (see the CQVHF rules, as a start)
because "they" feel them to be somehow un-pure.

That should fan the flames a bit...

Jay W9RM

Keith Morehouse
via Nexus 7