[VHFcontesting] FM Frequencies for VHF contests

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FM Frequencies for VHF contests
From: Jacob Tennant <wf8s@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 08:21:51 -0500
Good Morning everyone,

I am trying to get back into the VHF contesting game as a rover after having
dropped out to finish my college degree.

Since I currently have no antennas other than 2/70 FM antenna on my 2014 Subaru
Forester and a 6 meter FM antenna in the garage, I was wondering what
frequencies do most contesters use for FM operations and how do they monitor
these frequencies?

I am hoping to be active in the 2015 January VHF contest as a rover starting
near my home in FM09 (Morgantown,WV) and hit 3 or 4 grids heading north towards
Pittsburgh,PA and/or south towards Elkins,WV as I live right along the I-79
corridor and near the FM/EM/FN/EN boundary lines.

Hoping to start developing a mobile horizontal antenna farm shortly but I am
evaluating my option on my vehicle...

Thank you for your time,

Jacob Tennant - WF8S