[VHFcontesting] Inventory issues with ham radio products

To: "vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu" <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Inventory issues with ham radio products
From: Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 11:24:12 -0500
Just wondering if others are experiencing any issues with inventory and delivery for ham radio products? In the past few months, I've encountered two problems that would have been unheard of just a few years ago. I ordered a new product from MFJ Enterprises, the MFJ-5007 "SoundGun" parabolic microphone system shortly after Dayton. It was listed for sale on their web site, but never delivered. After numerous phone calls, I was finally told that the product had some engineering bugs that were still being worked out--and it was placed on back order.

Then in early July, I ordered a Diamond CR8900A 10 Meter thru 440 mobile FM antenna. After weeks without any word, started calling Universal. First told it was on back order and should arrive soon. Finally told yesterday that there were quote "problems with the manufacturer in Japan" and it might be another month or more before the antenna would arrive.

Anyone else experiencing these kinds of issues?

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

6M VUCC #1712
AMSAT #38965
Grid Bandits #222
Southeastern VHF Society
Central States VHF Society Life Member
Six Club #2484

Active on 6 Meters thru 1296, 10GHz & Light