[VHFcontesting] 2m Fall Sprint - Rookie

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2m Fall Sprint - Rookie
From: Jarred Jackson <jarred.jackson@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 06:35:35 -0400
This is my first year participating in the Sprints and my first year contesting
after being away from the hobby for almost 20 years. In Spring I had 7 Q's in 2
grids. In fall I had 14 Q's in 7 grids. I am happy with the improvement and
encouraged by the Rovers in Canada who participated and provided additional
contacts and multipliers. Next week, I suspect things will also go better since
I had one contact on 223.5 MHz in Spring and now have a transverter to play
with. Similarly, my father got on the air for the fall sprint for the first
time from FN32 with his antenna inside of his living room and was happy to work
FN43 for the first time. I guess when you are just starting out, anything other
than beacons and static is exciting.  Jarred - KF2MR