[VHFcontesting] 144 MHz Fall Sprint W9SZ

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, vhfqrp <vhfqrp@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 144 MHz Fall Sprint W9SZ
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 11:06:37 -0500
Call: W9SZ
Operator(s): W9SZ
Station: W9SZ

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: EN50ue
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

Total:  QSOs = 10  Mults = 8  Tot Dist(km) = ?  Total Score = 80

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Fun contest. I'm glad I got on. Got set up by about 7:30 pm local time.
Seemed all the contest operation had petered out by 10 pm so I called it
quits then.

I operated portable from a hill in EN50ue. Had some receiver desensing
occsionally from something on a tower also sharing the hill. I haven't
noticed that in past operations up there, so it might be something new
they've installed.

Station was a homebrew transverter and a homebrew 4-el Yagi and HTX-100 IF
rig. The little Yagi did OK. I worked stations in EM89, EN42 and EN43 as my
farthest distances. Heard a station in EN35 but couldn't get thru. Also
heard someone saying he was in FN42 for about 15 or 20 seconds. I didn't
get his call. I was pointed right that way as I was looking for a station
in Indiana. Maybe a long meteor burn?

73, Zack W9SZ