Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] VUCC On Indoor Antennas [ Help with confirmati

To: "wa5jci@flash.net" <wa5jci@flash.net>, Bill Ockert - ND0B <nd0b@ockert.us>, vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu, VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] VUCC On Indoor Antennas [ Help with confirmations ]
From: Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 14:07:51 -0500

On 9/5/2014 12:52 PM, wa5jci@flash.net wrote:
Congratulations, good luck

My most amazing QSL story happened thusly, I worked one of the Cook Islands on six meters and the station was unresponsive to IRCs, dollars, etc. Well, a new ham joined the ham club and several months afterwards she said she was going to the south pacific area for a vacation. "Are you going to the Cook Islands," I asked. Sure enough she was, so I gave her a QSL and she promised to look the fellow up. At the next ham club meeting she presented me with the much longed after QSL.

de Pete WA5JCI

Pete,

Wow! That is a great story...and one of the best that I've ever heard.

In my case, I think it's more likely that people have simply moved or changed their e-mail addresses. With license renewals coming up at 10 year intervals, it's easy to just wait to update the address in the future. Plus as our population ages, failing health, work, etc. can all make QSLing seem pretty trivial.

I'm grateful for each new grid, with or without the cards. The best part is coloring in that map on my shack wall.

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

6M VUCC #1712
AMSAT #38965
Grid Bandits #222
Southeastern VHF Society
Central States VHF Society Life Member
Six Club #2484

Active on 6 Meters thru 1296, 10GHz & Light