[VHFcontesting] CQ VHF Rules - is it allowed to activate a non home grid

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] CQ VHF Rules - is it allowed to activate a non home grid and not be QRP or a Rover?
From: Nelson Ludlow <nelson.ludlow@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:42:51 -0700
I'm reading all these comments about self spotting.

My question on the rules is how about being portable, but non QRP, and not
as a rover?
Perhaps, I read the rules too narrow, but the rules seemed to prohibit that.
The rules mention being within 500m of station license location, unless one
is QRP (10w or under), or
Hilltopper (Subset of QRP) or a Rover.
What about someone who wants to go setup portable on a mountain top but
does not want to be QRP?
They pick the mountain top as an ideal location, or it is a station site,
or rare FFMA grid? And they spend the whole
contest there.  I know several people do this in the ARRL contest.
I was thinking of setting up CN77 since it is somewhat rare grid for FFMA,
but if I did that I would want use more power
to help out as many people to get that grid as possible. I live CN88, so do
the rules allow someone
to activate another grid, but not be QRP/Hilltopper or a Rover?
Appreciate the help on understanding the CQ VHF rules.
Nelson / W7LUD