[VHFcontesting] K7XC - EM12 - NOT QRV in the June VHF Contest as planned

To: "VHFcontesting@contesting.com" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>, VHF Reflector <VHF@w6yx.stanford.edu>, "Wswss@mailman.qth.net" <Wswss@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K7XC - EM12 - NOT QRV in the June VHF Contest as planned.
From: Tim Marek via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 04:36:37 -0700 (PDT)
Sorry gang but it looks like I will not be QRV this year for the June VHF QSO
Party.

 twisted my ankle a few days previous, and spent all day Friday at
Hamcom promoting the new amplifier we make (Communication Amplifiers,
LLC) and by the end of the day I could barely walk.

Gary -
WA5FWC and crew worked hard to have the station ready by contest time
and the rain and lightning kept that from happening. They busted their
butts but you cant fight mother nature. Thanks guys for trying.

 was going to then setup the Tower Trailer in the lab at work but
Saturday morning, standing on my left ankle was impossible, let alone
try and walk... so I decided to punt.

I do have a small station
here in the RV park but it seems a few of my neighbors TVs and stereos
are not well grounded or RF bypassed... so to keep civility I have kept myself
off the air.

Would love to work you all but life has conspired to make it otherwise...

I will be at W5QE's place for the July contest so see you there!

73s de Tim - K7XC - Em12ur... sk