[VHFcontesting] VE3WCC at FN015xg for June ARRL VHF QSO Party

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VE3WCC at FN015xg for June ARRL VHF QSO Party
From: Glenn MacDonell <glennmacd@rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 18:02:49 -0400
The West Carleton Amateur Radio Club of Ottawa will again operate VE3WCC for
the June ARRL VHF QSO Party, this year from a new location in FN15xg.

After six years of operating a multi-op station from a great site in FN04xa we
will work from closer to home to make it easier for our members to participate
and grow VHF contesting in our area.  The site is about 30km north of the
intersection of FN15, FN25,FN14 and FN24.   We registered the highest score in
Canada the last two June contests and will working to get the best performance
we can from the new site.

Each of the past six years we have added capability or power.  This year we
will add 3.4 GHz and 5.6GHz using relatively low power SDR equipment as well as
10 GHz and 24 GHz stations to our standard coverage of the bands from 50 MHz
through 2304 MHz augmented by shorter range wideband microwave equipment.  We
will run 1kw at 2m and 500w at 6 m this year to single long boom yagis with
higher power than past years (250 - 300w) on 222MHz and 1296 MHz.

We will again have the capability to operate WSJT at 2 and 6m and are
interested in setting up skeds for the quiet hours of Sunday morning.

Rovers who will be within range are asked to forward their rover schedules to
VE3XRA.  Please include the grids squares and approximate times you plan to be
in each, a list of bands you are able to operate, and the co-ordination
frequency you will use.

We will set up on the site at the Corkery Community Centre 3447 Old Almonte Rd.
Ottawa ON,  lat 45.259316 N long -76.060858 W,  on Friday June 13 and pack up
Monday June 16.  Visitors are welcome to drop by.  Rovers passing nearby are
invited to stop by for a snack and hot coffee.

Schedules are very welcome - please send requests to ve3xra@rac.ca.   We will
have  access to internet at the site and can arrange skeds up to the start of
the contest.