Re: [VHFcontesting] 2 meters

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 2 meters
From: Keith Morehouse <w9rm@calmesapartners.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 11:43:03 -0600
On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 11:01 AM, Herb Krumich <wa2fgk@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Most digital EME is between 144.110 and 144.130. I totally suggest using that
> area for EME and from 144.135 to 155 for scatter FSK. Everyone will be in the
> same sequence, and contacts will be made QRM free. On FSK stations to the
> east always transmit second, so you would have no QRM from other local
> stations.

*************************

While I agree that it might be a good idea to SUGGEST different
frequency 'bands' for EME and WSJT M/S, Herbs comment that "Everyone
will be in the same sequence" strikes me as being pretty 'East Coast'.
 Not everyone has the ocean to their backs.

Us fellows out here in no-mans land (that's west of PA for you east
coasters) routinely work scatter to the west AND east.  Of course, we
will be on different sequences, even though two of us might be within
20 miles of each other.  We just deal with it.

Maybe the FCC rules about only CW below 144.100 need to be
re-evaluated.  Allowing other forms of narrowband modulation down to,
say, 144.075 would allow EME to get further away from WSJT & SSB.
That's how it used to be when there was only CW being used on EME.

Jay W9RM EN52rb