Re: [VHFcontesting] Losing CQ and CQ-VHF......

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Losing CQ and CQ-VHF......
From: Jerry <jer.sieg@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 14:54:37 -0700
When I finally got my ticket.. was invited to the shack of Bill Savage, VE6EO.. gave me a bunch of late 30's and early to late 40's QST Mags.. now that was interesting reading ! Then noticed he was VE QSL Bureau, started QCWA Chapter in VE6 ! Met a lot of 'famous people'..and never knew it until years later ! Many of them guys are SK's now..miss the 'shack visits, stories, etc.' And at 51..they still call me the 'young fella'..well, those that are still around ! Nice when a 'New Op' comes to see the shack, and shows off his 'New HT the size of a cell phone' ! I fire up the Swan Rig..tell him 'you ain't experienced anything until you discover the smell of Tube Stuff' ! ;o) We have a local who is publishing a book on his early days..Dad was 'Post Master in VO1..and the guys had to turn over their gear during the war'..can't wait to read his experiences as well !
VE6CPP