Re: [VHFcontesting] Assistance in VHF Contesting...

To: Paul Kiesel <k7cw@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Assistance in VHF Contesting...
From: Jack W6NF <vhfplus@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 13:25:57 -0500
On 9/18/2013 1:04 PM, Paul Kiesel wrote:
Hi Jack,

Glad you put the smiley on there.

But, hey, VHF begins at 10 meters! Well... 30 MHz. ARRL could bend perception
(like it does by including 222 MHz in the UHF contest - UHF begins at 300 MHz)
and make 28 MHz equivalent to 30 MHz and really get some participation! ;-)

73, Paul K7CW

Well, once upon a time, when we were experiencing sunspot cycles comparable to what we have now, the QST column "On the Ultra-Highs" included 10-meters. No, I'm not old enough to know that first-hand. :>) Of course technology has improved a bit since then.

If activity were limited to 28.0-28.5MHz everyone would have access to the band. But no SB(10) entries allowed.

--
Jack, W6NF/VE4
Shelley, K7MKL/VE4