[VHFcontesting] EL84...A Grid Bandits DXpedition.....

To: FFMA <FFMA@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] EL84...A Grid Bandits DXpedition.....
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 23:00:35 -0500
Hello everyone....the K4N EL84 grid DXpedition will begin our drive down to EL84 tomorrow. Hence, we will be out of touch until we are on station. Even that depends on a cell phone lash up which should work to give us Internet, but may not. Then there is some pesky Tropical Storm that is threatening the area....we will deal with that as best we can.

We will be using the N5TM chat rooms at http://meteorscatter.n5tm.com/chat/HSMS_ChatRoom/ That is the Login page...just enter your Call, Name, and Grid6 as your Nickname and login. You may chose the EL84 - 6M chat page or the EL84 - 2M chat page depending on which band you are interested in. We will not be using the PingJockey or other such reflectors but feel free to cross post us if you can.

I have been remiss in not reminding everyone that our expeditions depend on the support of Joey-W5TFW(our QSL Manager) and JD-N0IRS(the Internet guru and founder of the Grid Bandits organization).

Please send your QSL cards WITH an SASE to Joey-W5TFW after the expedition is over. Remember that it takes about 2 weeks for me to make up the artwork for the cards and about another 2 weeks for me to get them printed up. IF you are in the logs and IF you send an SASE to Joey, then you will get a card....no harassing Joey about how long it takes.

Wish us luck and hope that the propagation Gods are not playing volleyball like they were last year....pray that they are hard at work....This is your chance to work the super rare grid of EL84 on both 6M and 2M. Don't blow it!!.....HI

GL es 73

Bill-N5YA
Bill-K5YG
Dan-N5TM