[VHFcontesting] Real time contest scheduling....

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Real time contest scheduling....
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 23:40:47 -0500
Hello everyone....Russ-K2TXB has posted, "...I am absolutely against the idea of allowing real time contest scheds via any other means than radio contacts made via one of the bands that is part of the contest."

Everyone needs to understand that posting your Call, Frequency, and Sequence when calling CQ on digital MS or digital EME is *NOT*, I say again NOT, real time contest scheduling. The CQ rules specifically forbid "real time contest scheduling".

Concerning the phrase "made via one of the bands that is part of the contest", I don't have time to read the ARRL's labrinthian rules looking for this point, but I don't ever remember this as being part of the rules. Maybe it is in there somewhere....but if NOT, then making real time contest schedules via a regional 80M net would be perfectly legal as it is "amateur means". Maybe some rules expert could show us all where this phrase is located.

Let us say that "via one of the bands that is part of the contest" is NOT in the rules, so that an 80M net is within the rules. Using an 80M net, you COULD make real time contest schedules. The CQ rule only allows posting of Call, Frequency, and Sequence and ONLY for those calling CQ on digital MS or digital EME which is NOT real time contest scheduling.....it is only announcing that you are calling CQ and where you are calling.

The CQ contest is a great contest. While Russ and others may not be interested in it, the CQ contest is growing(some would say by leaps and bounds) while the ARRL contests are static or just barely hanging on. I will certainly be on for the CQ contest and when I am operating digital MS or digital EME, I will post my Call, Frequency, and Sequence on the PingJockey page or the N0UK EME-1 page as appropriate. Give me a call....I would love to work you in this FB contest.

73 Marshall K5QE