[VHFcontesting] W0W - EN48 Grid Activation June 6th - 10th

To: "ffma@yahoogroups.com" <ffma@yahoogroups.com>, "(vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu)" <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, "(vhfcontesting@contesting.com)" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W0W - EN48 Grid Activation June 6th - 10th
From: vince pavkovich <mnvinnie@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 06:47:44 -0500
Announcement : Special event station W0W
See full details www.k0six.com/w0w/

Vince (K0SIX), Maria (K0MPP), John (WA0VPJ), Brad (KB0HNN), Dave
(K9DRO), and Justin (K9MU) will activate EN48 from June 6th through June
 10th. We will be operating from a cabin located on Gunflint Lake and
only a stone’s throw away from Canada. Our operation will run with the  2013
ARRL June VHF QSO Party.

We will utilize a 7-element (6M7JHV) yagi on 6m and a 17-element (2M5WL)
 on 2m, both mounted on 20-foot temporary masts. We will be running
amplifiers which should provide at least 600w of power on each band. We
will have a station on 6m and 2m continuously.

Tentative frequencies on 6m are 50.148 SSB/CW and 50.248 FSK441. On 2m,
144.208 SSB/CW and 144.148 FSK441. We will be sending on the 1st period
(0-30 seconds) during FSK441 runs. Please spot us when heard.

We will not have access to the internet or cellular phone service.
Please schedule yourself for meteor skeds on the public Google
spreadsheet (See www.k0six.com/w0w/).  We will print a copy before departing on
June 6th.

Thanks for your time and remember to keep your antennas north!

73 de the W0W crew!