[VHFcontesting] SunSDR2 HF/VHF Transceiver

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu" <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] SunSDR2 HF/VHF Transceiver
From: Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 11:41:36 -0500
It looks like a serious, software defined radio transceiver will be available shortly that includes 6 Meters and 2 Meters. Output power on 6 Meter is listed at 22 Watts, and 12 Watts on 2 Meters. Enough to drive most amps.

http://www.cqdx.ru/ham/new-equipment/sunsdr2-hfvhf-transceiver/

Hopefully, we'll see more SDR's coming out that address the needs of the weak signal VHF community I keep waiting for an SDR transceiver that will cover 6 Meters through at least 1296. If these were available at an affordable price, you might really see some activity on bands like 222 and 902.

Flex-Radio, are you listening?

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

6M VUCC #1712
AMSAT #38965
Grid Bandits #222
Central States VHF Society Life Member
Six Club #2484

Active on 6 Meters thru 1296, 10GHz & Light