[VHFcontesting] Grid map overlay for google maps

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Grid map overlay for google maps
From: Grid Pirates <k8gp2013@k8gp.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 00:22:54 -0400
I just saw this post from Paul KE1LI sent last month and responded off
reflector, but just in case anyone else needs something similar

Hi Paul,
  Maybe you'd be interested in the following, zoom in and/or click in
a square to show the grid name:

http://www.k1ra.us/vhfmap/na-grids.html

adapted from analysis I'd done for K8GP at the bottom of this article:

http://www.k8gp.net/contests/june-vhf-2012

If you'd like to plot your own Cabrillo logs on a map like this visit

http://www.k1ra.us/vhf-above/google-maps-and-cabrillo-logs

and upload your own log to see how you've done.

73

andyz - K1RA

Hi Guys,
I'm starting to do some planning that may or may not happen but I'm
looking for a link to a gridmap overlay onto Google maps. This will be
used to zoom in on potential locations.
Google has a terrain feature so you can also view elevation as well as
global views.
Any help would be appreciated.
73,Paul, KE1LIFN41