Re: [VHFcontesting] rovers

To: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] rovers
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 22:54:47 -0600
On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am the owner of a mailman.qth.net group. I guess most
> mailman.qth.net groups have been plagued by spammers lately. I put a
> note on the page for the group asking that people include their
> callsign in the membership request. I also noted that I would only
> approve membership for either someone who had included a ham callsign,

Mike wrote

I am the web-master for http://harriscountyares.org/ which also has
several email lists for different discussion groups and one purely for
broadcasting messages of importance to the entire membership of about
500 hams.  Consequently I admin those lists as well.  I will not use
anything but mailman.  Of the seven lists associated with our web-site
I see on average less than one spam attack per month that I have to
deal with.  And on a personal note I do not and will not do yahoo
groups period.

--
Mike "Molon Labe" Urich KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com