Re: [VHFcontesting] Yes -- Please Move the January Cont

To: vhfcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Yes -- Please Move the January Cont
From: Bob Burns W9RXR <w9rxr_@rlburns.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 03:07:17 -0500
At 09:24 PM 1/29/2013, kg7hf@comcast.net wrote:

i have no experience in how much the arrl listens...

Are you an ARRL member? If you are, then you should be in contact with your Section Manager and Division Director to make sure your feelings on this topic are known.

On the other hand, if you aren't an ARRL member, how much weight do you expect the organization to place on your opinions? After all, the ARRL is a member-driven organization and they have an obligation to answer to their members. While the number of licensed hams in the U.S. is well over 700,000, I think the ARRL only has around 150,000 members. If, and I'm not saying this the case, the ARRL is populated primarily by OFs who do nothing but rag-chew and pass NTS radiograms on 80m, then the organization is going to lean in the direction of those members.

In a perfect world, the ARRL would represent the interests of _all_ U.S. hams, but that's a pretty tall order as we are an extremely diverse group with a wide range of interests and opinions.

Bob...