Re: [VHFcontesting] 2m and 6m Antenna Configuration

To: Floyd Rodgers <kc5qbc@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 2m and 6m Antenna Configuration
From: "KC4HW/Jim" <kc4hw@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:09:27 -0600
Hey Bill, thanks for the input.

Yes the F9FT(s) that I have are 16 elements on about a 21' boom, two
reflectors behind the driven element and 13 directors.  Some
information in the manual indicates that it is a 144/16.

For the driven element insulator, I used a piece of resin glass sheet
and mounted the dipole to it and then mounted that assembly to the
boom.  It may not be perfect, but probably going to be as good as it
gets.  hi  I actually had to fix both of the antennas the same way.

Actually I have one in the air at about 75' but I have not had coax on it.
It is located about 300' from the radio.  I will take it down to use in the
stack on the 42' tower.  I have a 12/17 A3WS on the 42' now, but it is
coming down and I will make it the VHF tower.  The VHF antennas will
still be 200'+ from the radio, but I have some CATV 1/2" hardline that I
can use for this project.

Thanks again Bill for help.

Jim/KC4HW