Re: [VHFcontesting] Date of the January Contest

To: wa2teo@aol.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Date of the January Contest
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:58:31 -0600
On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 3:24 PM,  <wa2teo@aol.com> wrote:

After many years of watching the bands die off once the NFL Playoff
games start, I am thinking I'd like to write the VUAC to see if
somehow we can't get the contest date moved to the week before the
Super Bowl when there are no NFL playoff games. I know this has been
discussed before and there are some barriers. It's  one week later so
there is less likelihood of Es on 6, The CQ 160 contest etc. But we
also have the NAQP on the current weekend as well as the NFL games.

Mike wrote

See here now ... a bunch of us in Texas would love to see Field Day
moved to that week-end.  The older we all seem to get the less
exciting the idea of getting out in the heat for two consecutive days
is.

--
Mike "Molon Labe" Urich KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com