[VHFcontesting] FM Contesting Suggested Frequencies

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "Sean, KX9X Kutzko" <kx9x@arrl.org>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FM Contesting Suggested Frequencies
From: Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 13:10:32 -0600
Did some quick research, and got input from several hams off-list. Came up with the following list:

146.55 (Primary)

146.58 (Primary)

147.58

146.46

146.42

We should also mention that the the National Simplex Frequency of 146.52 is NOT allowed for contest contacts, or soliciting for contacts. It should be avoided.

On other VHF bands, look for FM activity on:

52.525

223.5

446.0

927.5

1294.5

Some of the five Two Meter frequencies may not work in your area. But at least one should work everywhere. Even one or two channels should handle contest traffic even in the biggest metro areas. So what does the group say? Show of hands? If we can agree on these frequencies, then we can turn our attention to getting the word out.

*Les Rayburn, N1LF*
EM63nf
121 Mayfair Park Maylene, AL 35114
6M VUCC #1712
Grid Pirates #222
Life Member Central States VHF

WPC4LF Popular Communications Monitor ID