[VHFcontesting] The HP/CPQ 51V power supplies....

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, FFMA <FFMA@yahoogroups.com>, DFW Contest Group <DFWcontest@yahoogroups.com>, Pacific NW VHF Society <PNWVHFS@googlegroups.com>, WSJT Group <wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] The HP/CPQ 51V power supplies....
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 22:59:27 -0500
Hello everyone....I still have a small stack of the HP/CPQ 51.4VDC power supplies. These are the ones that put out 57A and require 240VAC for input. A comparable power supply by MeanWell costs over $500. They are perfect for all the new power MOSFET amplifiers, such as the M2 6M-1000 and 2M-1K2 amps. Jim Klitzing has some amazing amps that use 50V for the B+. Ameritron has a new HF amplifier that also requires 50V(nominal) for the B+. In the future, there will be a lot more of these type amplifiers running around.

The price of the power supplies is $35 which is a really good deal. Adding shipping just increases the cost ....... Also, me finding boxes to cut down and packaging these things up is a pain in the tail for me, so I really don't want to ship these things.

I am driving to the 6M International BBQ in Austin next weekend--Sept 21 and 22. I am delivering a few of the power supplies there. I have about 25 of these things that I need to move out to deserving new owners. I shipped 4 of them out today to UT and the shipping charges were $71!!!! That is why I really don't want to have to ship these things. SO, if you want some of these power supplies before they run out and if you have a friend attending the BBQ, PLEASE have him pick them up for you to avoid the shipping expenses.

Please contact me off the reflector so that I can earmark whatever power supplies you might want as sold. Also, I need to know how many to bring to Austin. I don't want to drag 20 of these supplies over there and bring them all back.....

73 Marshall K5QE