[VHFcontesting] ARRL September VHF Test Results - N9LB Wisconsin

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] ARRL September VHF Test Results - N9LB Wisconsin
From: Lloyd Berg N9LB <lloydberg@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 15:48:35 -0400 (EDT)

As usual, I operated in the ARRL September VHF Contest this past weekend.

Participation level was good, and I had 10 more QSOs than last year. My claimed score was down due to fewer
multipliers and technical troubles with some of my equipment.

The majority of my contacts were with Wisconsin and Illinois stations.
Worked four Michigan stations, and two in Iowa, but uncharacteristically completely missed "the usuals" in Missouri, Indiana, and Ohio. 6M/50 MHz briefly opened up twice from Wisconsin to Florida, once late Saturday afternoon and then again late Sunday afternoon! Also worked one TX station, Saturday afternoon.

Other than the 6M e-skip, VHF and UHF propagation around here was about as non-enhanced as possible.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
N9LB Single Operator, Low Power, Unassisted.
        Band  QSOs     Pts  Grd
          50    33      33   16
         144    25      25   12
         222    14      28    9