[VHFcontesting] WD0T DN94 6m sprint

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] WD0T DN94 6m sprint
From: "Todd Dravland-WD0T" <wd0t@mncomm.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 20:33:02 -0500
It was more like a walk or a crawl, not a sprint!  Had 5 Q's the first hour, 2
Q's the second, 1 in the 3rd and 7 in the 4th hour, actually the last 20
minutes, even 2 Q's in 1 minute, Woohoo!

15Q's X 13 grids = 195 pts.

Not as good as the June VHF for sure, but still fun trying.. And I had 5 more
stations that I could not get their grid, who called in or I called.. lot of
quick QSB and meteor burns that were short.

Worked all except 1 station on 50.125, just no one else copyable away from that
freq.

Didn't try WSJT at all, wasn't prepared equipment wise for that.

Equipment:

IC706MK2,  8877 amp at 1200w, 5 ele yagi at 40ft.

Needed more/ higher/larger  antennas to really make this work.. I am hoping
September VHF is better on 6m, but not counting on it.

Thanks for all the Q's and for those doing the work putting this and the other
sprints together. 73 Todd WD0T