[VHFcontesting] Results - CQWW-VHF 2012 - N9LB EN52 Wisconsin

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Results - CQWW-VHF 2012 - N9LB EN52 Wisconsin
From: "Lloyd Berg" <lloydberg@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 18:28:52 -0500
>From my Southern Wisconsin QTH...

Saturday featured a mid-day band openings to Texas and then open again in
the late afternoon and early evening to many DM grids and a few southerly DN
grids.
Saturday's best DX was at 2252z with KG6IYN in DM12 San Diego, CA ( 1658
miles ).
Worked two Mexican stations:
XE2X in EL06 at 1832z  ( 1266 miles )
XE2NBW in DL95 at 1901z  ( 1338 miles )

Sunday featured a strong morning band opening to Florida, but no Caribbean
DX.
Sunday's best DX was at 1654z with W4AS EL95 ( 1300 miles ), followed by
WC4H at 1704z in EL95 ( 1294 miles ), both located south of Miami, FL.
While things were open to Florida, I was also able to contact Steve - N2CEI
( Down East Micro ).

Worked K1TOL in FN44 at 1504z as the only North-East station contacted all
weekend.

No Canada, no Northern tier, and no Pacific North-West on either day from my
QTH.
No 144 MHz Tropo or 144 MHz e-skip noticed on either day from my QTH.
No 6M e-skip at all noticed on Sunday afternoon from my QTH.

2012 Summary:
        Band  QSOs      Pts    Grd
             50      140     140      70
           144        21       42        9