[VHFcontesting] Lunar Link 432 amp for sale

To: moon-net@mailman.pe1itr.com, VHF <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, newsvhf <newsvhf@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Lunar Link 432 amp for sale
From: w8zn@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 04:11:57 +0000 (UTC)
I am selling my LA72 amp w/tubes. Pair of 3CX800A7's, 1500w output for about
50w of drive. If you have ever seen a Lunar Link, you know they are a work of
art!!

Amp is one of the later ones (2006/2007) with the black wrap around case, high
output blower, forward and reflected wattmenter built in. I have coaxial relays
on the amp, the output relay is a VERY high power with SC connectors, easily
handles 1500w at 432. I will include a male SC for the output and a piece of
RG393 teflon coax, just let me know how long and what connector on the other
end. No power supply included, needs between 2300 and 3000v @ 1.5A depending on
drive and if you swap out the 3CX800's for 3CPX800's in which case it would do
well over 2kw out. I will also include a HV cable with a MHV on the amp end and
nothing on the other. The amp will output +24v to the control cable to remotely
turn the HV power supply on and off if you use SSR's or a large 24V DPST or
DPDT relay.

Amp has been used for the K8GP VHF contests and during eme contests and is in
excellent condition. Asking $3000, guaranteed, insured and shipped CONUS.
Please reply direct.

Terry Price - W8ZN  ex K8ISK
FM18dv - 1.8MHz thru 47GHz
K8GP - The Grid Pirates - FM19bb