Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] W3ZZ - SK

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] W3ZZ - SK
From: Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 12:42:07 -0500
As many others have noted, very sad news. Gene and I often had some
heated discussions--especially in regards to VHF Contesting. But I
always respected his opinions,
and admired his contributions to the hobby. His article about "Earning
VUCC" was the inspiration for my quest to pursue the award even with
restrictions to attic antennas
and HOA restrictions. He always fully supported those efforts, and
offered me nothing but encouragement.

Perhaps the league could consider issuing special certificates for this
June's VHF Contest in his honor, and in recognition for his many years
of service. Failing that, we
can all at least dedicate this June's event to his memory.

Gene was a true "VHF Man" and he'll be missed by all those who prowl the
world above 50 megacycles.

*Les Rayburn, N1LF*
EM63nf
121 Mayfair Park Maylene, AL 35114
6M VUCC #1712
Grid Pirates #222
Life Member Central States VHF

WPC4LF Popular Communications Monitor ID