[VHFcontesting] The K5N operating frequencies at DL88

To: FFMA <FFMA@yahoogroups.com>, VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, VHF Reflector <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, Marshall Williams <k5qe@k5qe.com>, Bill Simpson <n5ya@n5ya.com>, Bill Musa <k5yg@aol.com>, Danny Christina <n5omg@bellsouth.net>, Joey Fiero <joeyw5tfw@gmail.com>, JD <n0irs@kc.rr.com>, Bob Delany <BOBDEL801@aol.com>, Russell Dwarshuis <kb8u_6m@yahoo.com>, George DeMontrond <georged@demontrond.com>, Tim Groman <Tim@Groman.us>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] The K5N operating frequencies at DL88
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 19:15:33 -0500
Hello to everyone....Danny-N5OMG has suggested that we operate "split"
while in DL88.  He did not mean the normal meaning of split operation,
rather he suggested that we operate on 50.165MHz when we are running Es
contacts and 50.265MHz when we are running MS.  Naturally, we will
announce this on the K5N Private Packet Network and the ON4KST 50MHz
Region 2 reflector.

His reasoning is that when Es is happening, there are a lot of guys that
just don't ever look above 50.200.....so we would miss a lot of
contacts.  That would be most especially true during the times of Field
Day when there are a lot of rookie operators on.

When we are operating Meteor Scatter, the 50.265MHz is closer to the MS
calling frequency so that casual MS operators would be more likely to
find us.  I usually operate the K5QE station on 50.265MHz whenever I am
running Meteor Scatter during the contests, so a lot of guys would know
that and expect me to be there rather than 50.215MHz...which is sort of
an odd-ball frequency.

By operating on 50.165MHz, we avoid the crystal controlled Alabama
Sideband Net, but we are still in a "prime spot" for Es.  SO, look for
us on those frequencies.  Group2 is going to do something very similar,
but they will make their own announcements.

Our plans continue at a rapid pace.  Group2 is much farther along than
is Group1.  However, Group1 is working on assembling all the rigs,
batteries, chargers, computers, cables, etc.  We will keep working on
this right up until departure time.

We hope to work most of those that need DL88, so look for us when we are
down there......June 20th(late afternoon) to June 24th(midnight).

K5N Group1
A Grid Bandits DXpeditioin

N5NU Jason
KB8U Russ