[VHFcontesting] W9SZ Spring Microwave Sprint

To: VHF REFLECTOR <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W9SZ Spring Microwave Sprint
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 08:59:08 -0500
                       Spring Microwave Sprint 2012

      Call:      W9SZ
      Category:  Single Operator
      Power:     Low Power
      State:     IL

      BAND     QSO    Distance PTS

      902        6     1202
      1.2       10     1915
      2.3        4      738
      3.4        5      899
      5.7        2      378
      10G        1      160
     -----------------------------------

     Totals     28     5292

The weather was very good once the fog lifted between 8 and 9 am.
I wish the bands had been as good. The lower bands seemed OK but
the higher we went in frequency in this area, the worse things got.
10 GHz just wasn't happening. I only made one QSO on that band,
with W9ZIH. I spent quite a bit of time trying with several other
stations with no luck. I worked W9SNR/R on 902 through 5760 when he
was in both of his grid squares but we had no luck on 10 GHz. 5760
was marginal.

Anyway, it was the most fun of the Spring Sprints for me so far.

73, Zack W9SZ