Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Mhz question

To: DAVE CLEMONS <dave@egh.com>, VHFCONTESTING@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Mhz question
From: George Sintchak/WA2VNV <wa2vnv@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 20:24:32 -0500
I run single op low power class and have a DEMI transverter for ssb/cw
contacts. I run abt 100 Watts with an Amplifier. I also have a small 222
Kenwood 25 Watt FM rig connected to a vertical on my tower. I have made very
few contest contacts (less than 5) on 222 FM compared to the usual 40-50 on
ssb or cw. Most 222 FM contacts are by pre-arrangement form 2 meter ssb
contacts to run the bands and all the other station has on 222 is an FM rig.
So we try it for the contact and multiplier. Also very few on 222 cw,
usually done if we can't make it on ssb.

73's, George, WA2VNV
HF + 50 thru 1296, FN30kv.