[VHFcontesting] Headsets for ARR TR-10GA

To: "VHF Contesting Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Headsets for ARR TR-10GA
From: "Les Rayburn" <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 13:14:50 -0500
Hoping my fellow VHF Men can come to the rescue again.

I have two "old school" Advanced Receiver Research TR-10GA transceivers.
These are wideband FM and CW units that operate at 10 GHz. While they're a
lot of fun to use as demonstration rigs, they're kind of a pain for me to
operate because of their "unique" audio design.

They require a headset with two 1/4" phone plugs. One for the headphones,
and the other for the microphone. It will also require that the headphones
be standard 8 ohm design, with a dynamic microphone. So, no it's not as easy
as using an inexpensive computer headset, since no power is available for
the microphone. I don't want to rig something...I want something that can be
placed in the case, carried out to a location, plug in and use.

Sure, I could buy a ready to go headset from Heil...but I don't want to
invest a hundred plus bucks for a matching pair. Anyone have anything like
this for sale used? Or maybe knows of a good source to order a couple? Any
help appreciated.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63nf