[VHFcontesting] August 2011 UHF contest results for N9LB EN52hv

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] August 2011 UHF contest results for N9LB EN52hv
From: "Lloyd Berg" <lloydberg@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 17:43:00 -0500
This is the 3rd year I've been on for the August UHF Test, have been
improving the station each year.  Yes, this was my best contest experience
ever.

2009 = 432  only ( about 15 contacts, can't find the log )

2010 = 222, 432, 1296,  44 QSOs, 29 Mults = 4524 score

2011   QSO  Points  Grids
 222    35    105    22
 432    33     99    18
 902    16     96    14
1296    20    120    16

Total  104    420    70

Score 29,400

SOLP, single yagis at 60 feet.

The rovers really made this a great event!
They provided about half of all my contacts & grids.
( several were all-time new grids )

Many thanks to:

NE8I/R
WB8BZK/R
K9JK/R
W9FZ/R
W9SNR/R
W9SZ ( portable )
W0ZQ/R
WA0VPJ/R

Unlike the June contest, no distractions with 6M skip, so was able to work
most of the "local stations" ( local = out to 150 to 250 miles distant that
is )

I think we had some band enhancement to my north on Saturday evening,
signals from northern WI and MN were very good.  Also a possible brief
enhancement to the south late Sunday morning, as Zack W9SZ (EN50) was
stronger on 902 and 1296 than on 222 and 432.

VHF/UHF/u-Wave ?weak signal? contesting is a whole different world compared
to the rat race on HF.  The courtesy and cooperation of the VHF/UHF
operators is wonderfully refreshing.

Already looking forward to the next event!

73

Lloyd N9LB  EN52hv ( 10 mi S. of Madison, WI )

BTW, I'll be adding 2304 MHz soon.  Just purchased the DEMI 2304 transverter
kit and Directive Systems antenna, hope to have it going by the September
VHF Contest or ( worst case ) Fall u-Wave Sprint.