Re: [VHFcontesting] DN04

To: "VHFContesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] DN04
From: "ki7ja" <ki7ja@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 11:00:43 -0700
Well, my first location that I went to in DN04 was blocked by 20 yards of snow
3' deep.  I walked thru the snow, and was able to walk up to the Lookout, but
could not get thru with the truck.  So, I headed to another location at Ritter
Butte, and there was a locked gate, so I could not get up there.  A third
location was also snow blocked.  By this time, it was dark, and after driving
around for 12 hours, wasting expensive gas,  with no place to lay my head, let
alone put up antennas, I just decided to come back home.  I made it in about 2
am this morning, and since my radios are all packed in the vehicle, I am not
sure what I can get on the air for the contest.  I apologize to all that were
wanting to work DN04, but circumstances just did not allow.  The first site I
went to would be a good location when the snow melts, perhaps for the CQWW VHF
contest in July.  Have a great time in the contest.  73.

Bruce, KI7JA