[VHFcontesting] K9ZF /R Rover plans for the June VHF contest

To: "VHFcontesting@contesting.com" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>, InHams <inham@mailman.qth.net>, KY Ham <kyham@kyham.net>, John Shean <jshean@insightbb.com>, Brad <brad@clarkcounty911.com>, n9vq Rick Story <n9vq@arrl.net>, "KC9JAV Russel K. Meredith" <kc9jav@insightbb.com>, AB9LF Gary House <ab9lf@insightbb.com>, "KB4CF Daniel W. Hund" <dwhund@insightbb.com>, KC9MIT Chris Ralston <ralst4@insightbb.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K9ZF /R Rover plans for the June VHF contest
From: Dan Evans <dan.evans@insightbb.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 18:04:25 -0400
The ol' FT897D is installed in the truck.  The amps are in place, and
all cabled up. The rotor and push up mast are mounted in the back.  The
yagi's are in place and feed lines have been run.  The extra batteries
are tied down securely, with the trickle charge going to keep them
topped off.  The mast has been extended, the rotor checked, and each
yagi tested.  All passing with flying colors.

The laptop has a fresh install of the latest version of RoverLog.  The
sound card interface is in place and a "CQ message" has been recorded
for each of the planned grids.  WSJT is ready and waiting to go.

The weekend weather forecast has been checked.  Just a small chance of
scattered storms, and even a bit of a cool down, no problems expected there.

All that is left is to top off the tank (arggg!) and head for the
hilltops.   I'm still hoping Mother Nature will chip in a little
propagation assistance, and some extra local activity would sure be nice.

All systems are go for launch!

Good luck, and most importantly have fun!!

Hope to hear you all,

73
Dan

EM68wo  on Saturday  and
EM78bp  on Sunday.

Both sites have very good elevation.

I will have my basic 3 bands:
6m  100 watts   Moxon rectangle @ 28'
2m  160 watts   10 elements   @  24'
432  100 watts   18 elements  @  20'

Sorry, 222 is not in the budget right now...

If I can get everything configured in time I may try some scatter
Saturday evening.

--
Amateur Radio Emergency Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el
K9ZF /R no budget Rover ***QRP-l #1269 Check out the Rover Resource Page at: