[VHFcontesting] N3XUD/R Results Jan VHF Contest

To: vhf <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, vhf contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] N3XUD/R Results Jan VHF Contest
From: David All <n3xudfm19@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 12:51:25 -0500
N3XUD/R

ARRL JAN VHF CONTEST 2011 RESULTS

I activated 5 grids, FM15, FM16, FM17, FM18, FM19

Total Contacts- 30

Total QSO Points- 34

Total Multipliers-  20

Claimed Score- 680

50MHz- 5Q / 3 Grids.  FM19, FN10, FN20

144MHz- 21Q / 9 Grids.  FN20, FN10, FN01, FM19, FM18, FM17, FM16, FM09, FM07

432MHz- 4Q / 3 Grids.  FM19, FN10, FN20

My goal was to make on contact in each of the 5 grids I would be traveling
through.  I managed to accomplish this goal.  So rover trip was a
success.  Found
out don’t trust daughter to program turn by turn GPS, even if traveling I-95
N from NC to PA.  Although we got to see some of the sights of downtown
Washington DC that we had not seen that close (at least from a car) before.

Don’t continue to listen to turn by turn GPS when you know where and how to
get some where.  Long story.

*Overall-* Goal accomplished fun with my daughter KB3STA/R making some
contacts but due to me having to drive with a fully loaded trailer she was
not really into it.  My wife who could care less about ham radio was using
the light from a cell phone to log for me and Angel.  Way to go, not sure if
she would do it again willingly, but I will keep working on that.

*Looking Forward-* Due to the passing of my father SK N3KKM the 3 Generation
Contest Team name is being laid to rest with his memories.  So I am adopting
The Father Daughter Contest Team of N3XUD and KB3STA.  I will be working on
outfitting my dads trailer so that we can have permanent operation stations
from inside the trailer.  Hope to have that accomplished by June.  Look
forward to starting the planning as soon as I get 5 grids worth of logs
created and uploaded to LOTW.  See ya next contest.

Father Daughter Contest Team

N3XUD/R FM19rw

KB3STA/R FM19rw