Re: [VHFcontesting] Time to Change VUCC Rules?

To: "Ken Alexander" <k.alexander@rogers.com>, "VHF Contesting Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Time to Change VUCC Rules?
From: "Les Rayburn" <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 20:36:25 -0600
Ken,

I doubt that any card checker would rule contacts made using high power LED
arrays, which are the state of the art in optical communications as
“ineligible” for award credit. But under the current rules, Lasers are the only
type of emitter allowed above 300 Ghz.

It’s strictly a formality, but I do believe the rules for VUCC credit should be
brought into agreement with the current (recently changed) rules for ARRL
VHF/UHF Contests (where LED’s are allowed)

73,

Les N1LF