[VHFcontesting] ARRL UHF W9SZ Single Op LP

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] ARRL UHF W9SZ Single Op LP
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 16:51:25 -0500
                   ARRL UHF Contest

Call: W9SZ
Operator(s): W9SZ
Station: W9SZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 14

 222:  26     14
 432:  24     14
 903:   7      7
 1.2:  15     11
 2.3:   5      5
 3.4:   4      4
 5.7:   3      3
 10G:   3      3
 24G:
-------------------
Total:  87     61  Total Score = 28,182

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Went to my favorite hilltop to operate. Only ran 10 watts or less on all
bands.

I got a little bit of a late start but everything worked fine this year.
Seemed participation in my area was up this year. Heard a lot of people I
didn't get to work but that's typical for these contests where we use
directional beams.

Highlight was actually being able to hear K2DRH's 20 milliwatts on 3456
MHz!  Also thanks to Jim W9SNR/Rover who worked me from several grids
through 10 GHz.

No exceptional band openings this year but there was some enhancement on
Sunday  morning.

I never would've made it without a gallon of water and 20 pounds of ice with
me. Heat was brutal on Sunday with no breeze to help.

Let's get at least 250 logs submitted for this one! Send in your log no
matter how small.