[VHFcontesting] KC2QZF/R june VHF

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KC2QZF/R june VHF
From: Steve Piotrowski <stevepio@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 02:43:13 -0700 (PDT)
Wow. Let me say that again, backward. Wow.

We sure had a ball, and i agree with a previous post that when 6M was open the
other bands died off. That scenario does not fit well with our operating style
and our score suffered somewhat. Still, I can't complain too much. Well, sure I
can. Fog. Downpours. Begging for some activity on 432. begging for some on
223FM. Still, we managed 241 QSOs, which is not a record breaker for sure.

High points - rover mini-convention in FN02 with the K2QO and AB2YI crews. By
convention, I mean dinner. Food is good.

High point - six was open and we had some nice DX

low point - six was open. even with the filters set so narrow.. well it was a
bit crowded.

high point - there was some tropo on 2 and 432

low point - there wasn't ENOUGH tropo

high point - new rover in the mix KC2PLJ/R . nice work, great sigs. we never
did meet. next time!

ok enough for now. thanks all!

Steve kc2qzf/r and kevin k9kvn (2M and 432 rear seat op)