[VHFcontesting] OT Wireless microphones - but still VHF / UHF

To: "(Radio) VHF Contesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] OT Wireless microphones - but still VHF / UHF
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 12:48:02 -0500
I bet someone here knows the answer.

I am looking for a formula on how to calculate gain (in dB) in a near
field environment by moving the receive antenna of the receiver for a
wireless microphone closer to the transmitter.  I have an individual
telling me moving the antenna 40' gives him +12dB.  Now if he's moving
it from 45' away to 40' away maybe so.  However I don't have a clue
where to even look for a formula.

--
Mike Urich
http://ka5cvh.com

All it took was 18 minutes on 21 Apr 1836

Life is hard, church shouldn't be!
http://fairmontpark.org