[VHFcontesting] VHF Contesting School Articles -- pass them around

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, sprinkies@excel.net
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contesting School Articles -- pass them around
From: "Todd Sprinkmann" <sprinkies@excel.net>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 10:29:58 -0500
    Good morning,

    I hope we all agree that we could use more VHF/UHF contest activity.
More activity = more fun.   I know the readers here don't need contest
tutorials, BUT... I want you to pass the info in this email to those who
might become contesters.   Give me a minute of your time, please.

    Tonight's 6m Spring Sprint is the last of the sprints.   Then we eagerly
anticipate the busy all-band summer contest season.   First up will be the
ARRL June VHF QSO Party weekend of June 12-13th.   I've put up a contest
calendar on my website kc9bqa.com.   The direct link to it is:
 http://kc9bqa.com/?p=2539

    Of more importance is an 8-part series of articles that I wrote back in
2009-early 2010.   I know there are others who have also put together contest
tutorials, and congrats to those who have.   But I think the VHF Contesting
School articles can really help get a total newbie on the air.

    The articles are at this link:   http://kc9bqa.com/?p=2641

    If you want more VHF/UHF contest activity, then spread the word.   For
instance, think about all the guys who have the HF + V/UHF rigs with all
bands in one box.   Those guys are just waiting to learn about V/U
contesting.
    You are free to distribute this info to anyone/anywhere.   It's paid big
dividends in and near WI, the past two contest seasons.

    73,
    Todd  KC9BQA   EN63ao    40 N of Milwaukee
    www.kc9bqa.com  For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates
    www.wivuch.com  WI VHF/UHF County Hunters Award
    (Yes, out-of-state hams are welcome to work 20 WI Co's on any bands 50
MHz and up and earn their initial certificate.   Hope other states get on
board with similar programs.)